Monday, May 10, 2010

Um...Saturday and Sunday

Sorry, due to internet connectivity issues, being busy, and being lazy, I'm a little behind. On Saturday, after the symposium, I finally made some tortillas. Since the ground beef was thawed, I made tacos for dinner. I don't usually use flour tortillas for tacos, so it was kind of weird. And then I forgot to put the rest of the tortillas in the fridge or even in a bag until 11 pm...I hope they'll still be usable!

Sunday morning I made a butterscotch peach pie to take along for Mother's day dinner. I also figured I'd better do something with the thawed chicken, so I made curry for breakfast. I made enough curry that I had to do two batches of rice in my rice cooker to go with it! The extra servings are safely stashed in the fridge and freezer. I also made refried beans. I used the black bean recipe I like, but with pinto beans. I think pintos have tougher skins than black beans; they seemed to take longer to cook. And the refried beans are more oniony than I expected. I guess I'm used to it with the black beans! Anyway, a different flavor and consistency than canned refried beans, but good. And I did all that before church.

My sister and I made meatloaf and baked potatoes for dinner over at our parents' place. And I had leftover curry and rice for breakfast today. Okay, I'm all caught up now, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment