Friday, May 14, 2010

5/14/10--A trip to the grocery store

I finally used some of the $20 card. I went to the store today to buy milk and a little fresh produce. I've been wanting fruit, so I got myself a pineapple and some strawberries. With difficulty, I avoided buying a huge chocolate bar that was on sale for $1.25. I guess I do have some willpower, after all! I also bought a bag of popcorn kernels, but now I can't find my air popper. I really can't think of where it could be, and I can't imagine I would have gotten rid of it! Hmph. The grocery bill for this first excursion came to less than $8, leaving plenty for the rest of the month.

Anyway, I didn't eat breakfast today, so I've sliced some strawberries and sprinkled sugar on them. I'm letting them sit for a bit while I type this, and I'll probably eat some real lunch after the appetizer of strawberries. Oh, and I should take the other loaf of absurdly dense rye bread out of the freezer to thaw.

No comments:

Post a Comment