Thursday, May 6, 2010

5/6/10--Dinner

For the rest of the week, I'm attending a major woodturning symposium located at one of the universities in town. This, as you might expect, is going to mess up my eating schedule. For example, this morning I was running late and still didn't have milk, so I just slapped some peanut butter and strawberry freezer jam on a graham cracker and chomped it down while I hunted around for socks and my keys. Then, when I got to the symposium, I found that a table of breakfasty-type foods was provided. I ate an orange roll and a few grapes, and stashed an almond-poppy muffin in my bag, since I hadn't had time to pack a lunch. I don't eat very well a lot of the time, do I....

Anyway, since I skipped the swap meet, I was able to come home to fix some dinner. The same time constraints I mentioned yesterday still eliminated tortillas from today's menu. But this time, I had a plan. As soon as I got home, I started some rice in the rice cooker. When the rice was done, I sauteed some raw peanuts in peanut oil, added whatever seasonings and herbs seemed reasonable, then dumped in the rice and an egg. I think I could have used more flavorings, but it wasn't bad. 662 cal, 42 g fat. I finished off with the last of my single-serving-size cups of lemon ice cream. It's gonna get trickier to just eat one serving once I'm scooping it out of a bigger container! But this stuff has got to last me, seeing as how it's one of the few sweet treats I've got around, so I'll try to be careful. And now it's almost time to head back for the evening session of the symposium. I'm going to go to the area where the people who are teaching the various sections will all be competing to make cool stuff! I know I won't be able to afford any of the items, which are being put into an auction, but it should be fun to watch people who really really really know what they're doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment