Saturday, May 1, 2010

5/1/10 Dinner

Since part of the reason I'm doing this is to use the meat in my freezer, isn't about time I had a meal with meat in it? Okay, here we go.

I couldn't remember how much chicken was in the bag I'd pulled out to thaw. Turned out it was four boneless skinless breast halves. So I smashed them all flat. For some reason I like chicken better when it's flat.... Anyway, I pulled out a little cookbook my sister gave me when she was living in New Mexico and used one of my favorite recipes: Mexican-style Chicken Kiev. Okay, it's a really bad title, since there isn't that much similarity between this and chicken kiev...maybe it has more of a similarity to chicken cordon bleu. I kind of picked and chose which parts of the recipe I wanted to follow, and made three chicken bundles wrapped around pieces of monterey jack cheese and breaded. Then I put them away to eat another time, and just breaded the other piece and fried it. I ate it along with the black beans I'd been cooking all day and some rice cooked with garlic and chicken broth. By the way--second staple to run out: my jar of minced garlic. Fortunately, I still have some fresh garlic that I don't think has started sprouting yet, and plenty of garlic powder. I should not have a problem continuing to have garlic breath for the rest of the challenge, if I wish!
Sorry, lousy picture. But it was a good dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment