Wednesday, May 5, 2010

5/5/10 Breakfast and dinner

So, I spent too much of the day sitting out in the sun. If I had realized I'd be outside all day, I would have put on sunblock. Alas. I am quite sunburned. I was volunteering at the local woodturning store for their big sale today so that I could get free admission to a rather excellent woodturning symposium going on for the rest of the week. So I had to be up and out much earlier than usual.

I ate more rice and monterey jack for breakfast, and packed a sandwich and crackers and Jello for lunch. But it turned out that I got a free lunch at the sale (including the hugest hot dog I have ever seen in my life), but as I didn't cook it or pay for it, that's all you need to hear about my lunch!

Well. When I got home, I wasn't exceptionally hungry, and the only things I could think of to cook required either too much time, meat that was still frozen, or milk. I can't tell whether milk is still safe to use by smell, so I tend to give up on it as soon as I think that maybe it might be bad. I'm going to try to make it through the rest of the week before I go get more. For dinner, I finally decided on frying two eggs. Quick, easy, and fairly filling. (180 cal, 14 g fat). I may have some ice cream or Jello for dessert.

Today I did buy what is technically a grocery item, but since I'm using it for skin care rather than food, it's an acceptable purchase. I acquired a fairly impressive sunburn today while I was being a cashier at the clearance sale, so I picked up a gallon of vinegar to use for a home remedy. This will only be my second time using this method, so I haven't decided yet if it really works!

No comments:

Post a Comment